AMP developers have added autocomplete support to the AMP HTML format. Accelerated mobile pages will now more accurately reflect the behavior of regular HTML pages.
The autocomplete function can be used on search and forms pages to speed up the task execution time for users.
As you enter text in a field with autocomplete enabled, the system will return relevant prompts that will be displayed below this field.
You can also use this function to generate a list of recommendations. For example, an online store may offer popular products this way.
Technical details of this function are available in the documentation at the link .
An overview of all the improvements received by AMP pages in the first quarter of 2019 can be found here:
The developers of the Google AMP project published an overview of the new features launched for pages with expedited loading in the first quarter of 2019.
- Minimize the video . Now for AMP, you can configure minimization of the viewing angle of the video when scrolling the page. This will allow users to see the text while the video is playing. For example, read the recipe text and view the video tutorial at the same time.
- Video advertising . The new component allows you to monetize the video by adding ads from any ad network.
- Resize lists . Developers can now specify how the container should be resized when the user interacts with the content.
- Endless scrolling . When using this function, when the user reaches the end of the list, new items will be loaded automatically.
- Disguise input in forms . This feature will make it easier to fill out forms for users.
- Lightbox mode . In Lightbox mode, the user can expand the component to fill the entire viewing area.
- AMP now supports integration with Consent Management Platforms, which will allow publishers to show alerts when they agree to collect data or show content within AMP.
- In articles, you can now configure localized time so that users can see when they were published in local time.
- AMP stories now allows publishers to provide additional targeting information for Google advertising requests.
Soon, the AMP team will also publish an overview of innovations related to the AMP Stories format, including link support, a hamburger menu, attachments, and a new desktop UI.
Belinda Holt dedicated her studies to learning new technology and staying current in the SEO industry. She self motivated entrepreneur with a passion for web design and online marketing. With her online marketing expertise on select private projects, creating the strategy and managing the campaign. Belinda is one of the top contributor of Web Search News.