The world of content seems to have shifted from classic blog articles to video marketing, as evidenced by the emergence of YouTube as the second largest search engine in the world (behind Google). In this article we discuss video marketing tips and some tools to get you started.
YouTube started in 2005 with just a few dozen uploads and has since grown to become the largest video platform with more than 30 million visitors and five billion watched videos every day. In addition, the emergence of live streaming platforms such as Instagram Story, Instagram TV, Facebook Live, Periscope and Snapchat prove the evidence even more.
A survey conducted by HubSpot in 2017 suggested that consumers prefer videos to any other form of content marketing. As a result, more and more brands are shifting their focus to video marketing. In 2019, the number of companies using video as a marketing tool reached 87%, a significant increase of 63% in 2017 and 81% in 2018.
What makes video marketing effective?
So what causes this change? To begin with, we are visual beings. We naturally understand and connect faster while watching videos instead of reading messages. Our brains remember 95% of the information we see in a video, while we only remember 10% of the information we read.
The second reason is the popularity of smartphones. Over the past decade, people have become inseparable from this electronic device. The thing is, 75% of all video viewers on the internet are on mobile devices. More importantly, 92% of those mobile video viewers are willing to share the video with their friends. That means that if you create the right content for the right audience, your video & # 39; s get the chance to go viral!
Video marketing tips to generate more traffic
1. Create an attractive thumbnail
The title and thumbnail of a video are the first things viewers see when they browse Google, YouTube and other websites on the internet. It shows what your video is about and the content in it. The more interesting the viewers are for your title and thumbnail, the greater the chance that they will click on the video.
- Make sure the thumbnail is a photo of your own video, don't try to fool the audience with fake images.
- Use interesting images from later in your video as a teaser to keep an eye on the audience.
- Having human interaction or faces like thumbnails is likely to affect the emotions of the viewer.
2. Create buzz on social media
When you run a video marketing campaign, you need to focus on video sharing platforms such as YouTube, as well as social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat. On average, people spend nearly two hours of their time on those platforms every day. Sounds like a good gold mine to promote your brand, doesn't it?
- Post high-quality video & # 39; s regularly and engage your audience to build your brand presence.
- Optimize the use of tags on YouTube and hashtags on social media so that your content becomes searchable.
- Contact influencers and other more popular brands to promote your content in exchange for something in return.
3. Optimize it to be SEO-friendly
Social media are platforms to increase your brand awareness and presence. The ultimate goal remains to bring the audience to your website so that you can convert them into loyal paying customers. It is therefore important that the videos on your website are search engine friendly.
- Make sure your video is transcribed so that it appears in general Google searches.
- Optimize your video file metadata with related and user intention keywords on the video title and description.
- Create a video sitemap and submit it to Google Search Console.
4. Make sure it is mobile friendly
As mentioned earlier, most video & # 39; s are viewed on mobile devices. A Facebook survey found that people are 1.5 times more likely to watch videos on a smartphone than on a computer.
- Use responsive video players such as YouTube, Vimeo or Brightcove. Those platforms will automatically increase or decrease video quality based on the bandwidth of the viewer.
- Pay attention to the text size, because a text that looks large on a TV screen looks small on a smartphone screen.
- Adjust the video playback time according to your purpose. A one-hour video behind the scenes is suitable for YouTube, while a 60-second teaser is best for Instagram.
5. Make a clear call to action
Make sure you include a clear call-to-action in every video you post. Without a clear CTA, viewers will get confused and not sure what to do. If you want more traffic to your site, it is your duty to make it easier for the public to find your site.
- Use YouTube end screens (the last 5-20 seconds of a video) to record up to four clickable elements, you can send people to your website, your other videos, channels or certain landing page.
- When posting on social media, add a CTA and a link that leads to your website or landing page & # 39; s.
Based on public demand for more video-based content and the emergence of YouTube as the second largest website in the world, video marketing appears to be the future of content marketing.
If you want to get started with more video marketing, we've created a list of more than 100 video makers and marketing tools, including:
- DIY animation tools
- Video marketing platforms
- Live streaming platforms
- Video editing tools & # 39; s
- Interactive video & # 39; s
- Sound Effects Library
- Stock video library
- Assistive products for recording of sound
- Scripting Tools & # 39; s
Nat McNeely is Digital Marketing Manager of Breadnbeyond, an award-winning video company with explanation.
The industry has seen challenges that affected companies last year. Daniel Tannenbaum shares how brands can rank in the payday loan algorithm in 2019.
"We know that Amazon and Google are big, but in reality many of us still underestimate them." Jumpshot & # 39; s Head of Insights shares data about the market share of e-commerce.
Page speed is nowadays one of the most important areas for customer experience. Shared benefits, tools, and tips to improve your shared page speed.
Testing tactics in Google Ads if you want to expand your digital advertising strategy outside of keyword targeting, without going beyond Google.